Second Thursday, Fourth Thursday, from 04/08/2021 to 04/22/2021, 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Parish-Wide Discussion of “How Greensboro Became Segregated and the Consequences”
Join us Thursday, April 22, 7-8:30 p.m. as we discuss Dr. Stephen Sills’ (UNCG Director of the Center for Housing and Community Studies) research into the forces that fostered segregation in Greensboro. Here are two ways to get ready for the discussion.
1. Explore Greensboro by walking or driving through neighborhoods not your own.
· What are the houses like?
· Who lives in the neighborhood?
· Where do people in the neighborhood work?
· Where are the grocery stores? Chain stores or locally owned?
· What retail stores are close by? Chain stores or locally owned?
· Where are the urgent treatment centers or medical care facilities located?
· What are the schools like?
· Are there bus routes available?
2. Watch Dr. Sills’ 50 minute presentation to Greensboro Faith Leaders Council and join us!
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 399 785 8001
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,3997858001# US (Chicago)
+16468769923,,3997858001# US (New York)