Episcopal Youth Community (EYC)
EYC is for youth in 6th through 12th grade. To stay up to date, contact Jenny Campbell, Director of Youth Ministry, at to sign up for emails and Discord Chat for Youth. Follow on social media: Instagram: @holytrinity_gso_eyc; Facebook: Holy Trinity EYC Greensboro
During the School Year
- Sunday School: Youth in grades 6-12 are invited to the Robert Payne Youth House for hands-on scripture learning, skits, activities, donuts, and fellowship in a fun, relaxed atmosphere. 10:15-11 a.m.
- Sunday Night EYC Meetings: Middle school meets in the Robert Payne Youth House 4:30-6 p.m. High school meets 5:30-7 p.m. The two groups overlap for dinner 5:30-6p.m., and have an hour with just their age group for programming.
Lock-ins: middle schoolers kick off the year with a lock-in Aug. 25-26.
Diocesan Activities With Other Episcopal Youth
- A Race to be Human: the Diocese is piloting a new overnight event for high school students led by youth and based on racial reconciliation and our baptismal promises. It will be fun and a low-pressure way to start the conversation. Nov 3-4 2023
- Bishop’s Ball: Games, workshops, worship, and a dance for 6th-12th graders. Jan. 19-21 at Camp Walter Johnson
- Happening: A high school retreat, Feb. 23-25, at Haw River State Park
Off-site activities like Celebration Station, coffee days, movie nights, hikes, and weekend retreats. Dates TBA
All worship milestones have suggested ages for participation, but you can reach out to Jenny Campbell if you want your young person to participate.
- Rite 13 is a class to explore and celebrate the passage from child to teenager for anyone turning 13 or who just turned 13 (7th is grade suggested). There are three classes with the youth, one youth and parent combined class, and then presentation in worship service. October 2023
- Confirmation: A sacrament for anyone who wants to deepen and recommit to their faith. Recommended for 9th grade or higher. There are four classes and one weekend retreat. Confirmation candidates will work closely with an adult mentor and attend Holy Week worship services together. January-March 2024
- Youth Sunday: Youth Sunday is when EYC takes over worship. They write the prayers of the people, read the lessons, acolyte, usher, and celebrate graduating seniors, who are invited to write a homily to preach at all three services. Followed by a reception during Sunday School hour. May 5, 2024
During The Summer
Glory Ridge Mission Trip serves the people of Madison County through community outreach construction projects. Glory Ridge is for youth who have completed 9th through 12th grade. Held in July Pilgrimage: for spiritual growth and self discovery for youth in 11th and 12th grades, held in June. We walked the Camino de Santiago in 2023, and will do it next in 2025.
- Home repair with Community Housing Solutions
- Vacation Bible School
- Glory Ridge mission work
- Community clean ups (trash pick-up days)
- We’re always looking for more. Know a great organization in Greensboro that could use young helpers? Contact Jenny Campbell to get connected!