The Servant Leadership School is not just a curriculum. It's a community.
Our core curriculum invites people from all denominations and social demographics to share a journey together of inner growth, self-awareness, and discernment of their unique calling. Relationships established in Servant Leadership classes often become enduring friendships that last a lifetime. Many students form small groups for ongoing mutual support and accountability, while others create professional alliances that lead to social justice work, including the spawn of new ministries, non-profits, and community initiatives.
The School makes a conscientious effort to keep students connected to one another and to this larger ecumenical community network, as well as to provide practical resources and opportunities to allow students to live more fully into the life that they feel God calling them to.
If you are a current or former student and would like to connect with someone about an idea or a calling that you are discerning, or are looking for community resources to help you live into a new call, please contact Ruth Anderson at or call 336-275-0447.
The Servant Leadership School of Greensboro has given birth to a variety of new local ministries and non-profits, including:
The Beloved Community Center — an organization working for social justice in the spirit of Martin Luther King, Jr.
Higher Ground — a day center for persons living with AIDS
Mary's House —providing transitional housing and life-skills training for women in recovery and their children
The Servant Center — providing multiple services for low-income families and housing for persons with disabilities
- The Inner City Scouting Program
- Greensboro Urban Ministry's Chaplaincy Program
- Labyrinth Keepers — a small group that cares for and leads labyrinth walks independently and in conjunction with the Servant Leadership School
- Glory Ridge — a youth group program focused on rehabilitating homes in Madison County
- Healing Ground — a retreat ministry located in Summerfield, NC
- Sacred Garden Bookstore — an ecumenical bookstore and community gathering space
- InnerWalk — providing counseling, spiritual direction, and support for the inward journey
Other Supportive Partnerships
We are grateful to the following organizations that have offered their support and partnership in our work over the years:
- The Servant Leadership School at Church of the Savior (Washington, DC)
- Robert K. Greenleaf Center Inc.
- Holy Trinity Episcopal Church
- Johnson Service Corps
- St. Francis Springs Retreat Center
- Journey Conferences