Holy Trinity is headed to Glory Ridge!
Planning is underway and we have a great list of youth that are excited about attending Glory Ridge this year.
- A few spots have opened up if there are any rising sophomores or above interested in attending. Contact the advisor team at .
- Additionally, we continue to receive inquiries about donating to the Glory Ridge ministry, especially since we are not conducting stock sales this year. Giving can be done on Holy Trinity’s website by simply selecting the “Glory Ridge” fund, or dropping off a check at the church office.
- An email went out to our youth concerning waiver forms and the Glory Ridge tuition deadline of June 4th. If you have not received it, please contact your advisor team!
Finally, a big thanks to the whole parish and Father David for your continued support!
Episcopal Youth Community (EYC)
“To know Christ and to make him known, through an inward
journey of faith and an outward journey of service,
giving thanks to God in all things.”
The goal of the youth program is to incorporate teens in to a sacred community of radical acceptance, allowing them the space to figure out who they are, what gifts they have to offer, and how they can offer those gifts. They are able to make a deeper connection to the presence of God so that they may become co-creators with God in the world.
For Youth in 6th through 12th Grade
Tweens EYC: 6th grade
Junior High EYC: 7th and 8th grades
Senior High EYC: 9th through 12th grades
What We Do During the School Year
- Sunday Night EYC Meetings: We meet 5:30–7 p.m. in the Youth House for an activity, followed by a fellowship dinner.
- Weekend Youth Retreats: Twice a year we head out for a weekend of outdoor activities, building bonds, and organic worship and fellowship opportunities.
- Worship Ministry Milestones: Rite 13, Confirmation and Youth Sunday
What We Do in the Summer
- Pilgrimage — for spiritual growth and self discovery for youth in 11th and 12th grade, held in June.
- Glory Ridge Mission Trip— serving the people of Madison County through community outreach construction projects for youth who have completed their 9th grade year through 12th grade. Held in July.
- Summer Outreach Adventure— serving our Greensboro community with outreach projects in the morning, followed by afternoon adventures for youth 6th through 8th grades. Held in August.
Examples of Our Volunteer Work
Burrito Bikers, Hot Dish & Hope, Pathways Family Shelter, Corn Hole for Coats & Cans, Thanksgiving in the Bag, Servant Farm, Crayons Matter, Out of the Garden, Peacehaven, Food Pantry Scavenger Hunt, Wheels for Hope, Crop Walk, and much more!
FB: Holy Trinity EYC Greensboro
Holy Trinity ePistle
All young people at Holy Trinity (and their friends) are welcome to join the EYC. There are groups for Tweens (sixth grade); Jr. EYC (seventh and eighth grades) and Sr. EYC (ninth through 12th grades). These groups meet on Sunday evenings, 5:30 - 7 p.m., in the Youth House for dinner, fellowship, and fun. There are occasional retreats, day and overnight trips, and special events.